We're "majoring in the minors and minoring in the majors"

That's the thought that came to me as I wandered around Elizabeth Quay this morning.


The spec on the bridge and paving and seating and walls and all the other hardscape is superb. World class.

But the TREE PLANTING IS ABOMINABLE!

Sorry, it is. Really, really abominable.

And here's the thing: you could have spent far less on the hardscape if you had put a bit more into the trees.

Because when it's all cool and leafy and lovely, YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE PAVING. It's just how it is folks.

Landscape Architects are missing the boat in Perth. I talked to one the other day and he thought I was just being negative. I'm not. You are getting it wrong guys.

And the reason is because you are TOO SCARED to specify the sort of tree planting that you KNOW is right for this hot, glary place: BIG trees at relatively CLOSE spacings.

Come on, join me in this fight! Be prepared to lose a client if that's what happens as a result of standing up for WHAT IS RIGHT FOR PERTH.

We owe it to our children.

YOUR children

___________________________________________________
PSsorry about all the caps and exclamation marks but this gets my blood up. I'm really getting tired of seeing this nonsense. It's just wimpy.

PPSplease forward this post to a Landscape Architect if you know one. Let's have the discussion!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sixth Sense

Me too