The good and bad of being a middle-aged motorbike learner


The Bad

You're slower to catch on.


The Good

You're not afraid to pull up mid-lesson, turn the bike off and say to the instructor:

"Sorry mate, you're going too fast. I just need to ride around the carpark for a while and get used to sitting on this damn thing before I start worrying about indicator on, glance in mirror, look over shoulder, feather the clutch..."

Fortunately my instructor is a top bloke and didn't mind at all.

"Good on you," he said, "the student must always set the pace. You just looked very comfortable so I presumed you were ready to move on."

"Nah," I said, "that comfortable look is a complete sham, perfected over many years of being a manager where it's important to look like you know what you're doing even though you haven't got a clue."

He smiled. He got it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sixth Sense

Me too