Play the game

At my motorbike lesson yesterday, the instructor took me out for a ride and showed me all the little things I will need to do to pass my riding test.

Things like turning your head to look at EVERY side street so the examiner knows you've checked.

"But I check with my peripheral vision. I don't like turning my head as it distracts me from what's going on in front."

"So turn your head but keep your eyes looking straight ahead."

"Well I may as well not turn my head!"

"Hey, I'm just telling you what they require. If you don't do it, you will fail."

It was a good lesson. Not just because it taught me how to pass a riding test, but because it reminded me that you don't have to like the rules, you just have to play by them if you want to win the game.

You can't fight City Hall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sixth Sense

Me too